Sunday, October 28, 2007

I look forward to...

As Brian mentioned in an earlier post, I went with him to one of his on-site job interviews in California. We flew into LAX and then drove 3 hours.
A view from the car as we drove to the interview.
The white lines on and at the base of the mountains at the top of the picture are all windmills.
We were a little worried about running into problems with all the fires, but all we saw was a lot of smoke and a few areas of burned brush. It was a lot of fun spending time with Brian and the interview seemed to go well because he received another job offer.
Brian and I at the LA Temple
On our way back to LAX, we went through a session at the Las Angeles Temple. I enjoy going through the different temples. It is so amazing to me that although the architecture may differ, within each one is found the same beautiful, peaceful feelings.
Brian has received a few job offers. Each has it's pros and cons, which is why we st
ill haven't decided which one we are going to accept. So, no we don't know yet where we are going to live after Brian graduates but we can tell you it will either be in Arizona, California or Utah.

Some of the things that I am looking forward to after Brian graduates:

1) Buying a home! I've enjoyed o
ur apartment but it will be fun to put some color on the walls and to decorate however I like. It will also be nice to fit everything in our home rather than storing a lot of our belongings with family. (Thanks Holly and Mom!)
2) With a home comes a backyard and hopefully a porch! I love spending time, relaxing
outside. Our apartment's parking lot just isn't the same.
3) With a backyard comes a dog! Both Brian and I agree that the dog will have to live outside. What we don't agree on is the breed of the dog.
I grew up with Australian Shepherds and enjoy their personalities.

Brian would prefer a black lab.

What do you think?


2 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

I'm partial to labs, but only because I grew up with one:) Although she was a lab/shepherd mix...so I guess I say get both!!!
As far as a job goes, PLEASE take the california one so we can be neighbors ! How fun would that be:) (Of course, you guys need to do what's best for your family, but we'd LOVE CA). What part of CA is the job in?

Brian said...

Good thought - get both then the dogs can play together.
As we visited the site we thought we could meet up with you guys once a month when we went to the temple (we're in the LA temple district, but kind of far from LA). I thought perhaps on our visits Brian and I could study for the GMAT together. Jenny's thoughts were we could have great baby sitters when we went to the temple. You guys are great. We'll see what happens.