Monday, July 21, 2008

Tanya

Today we received temporary custody as well as a renewed appreciation for Tanya. She is such a wonderful person and Jenny and I admire her for her strength and kindness to us and everyone else. We know that pregnancy and adoption are very difficult experiences for anyone, but we have been amazed at Tanya's resolution in her decision. We know that it is two separate things to know what to do and to actually do it.

Our relationship with Tanya will continue through letters and pictures and Jenny and I are morning the loss of a continued relationship as it has been. I have seen Jenny light up as she talked with Tanya and as she told me about their experiences together. I'm grateful to her for letting us be so involved and I view some of what I felt during the delivery as sacred feelings and impressions. Tanya has an amazing personality that is focused on others, which is how I want to become too.

Thank you Tanya - we love you

3 comments:

Mrs B said...

It is amazing how the Lord's hand guides these situations. It has been wonderful to get to know you; you are awesome people. Thanks for all you've done for Tanya to help ease the pain she's feeling.

Em said...

Wow! What a day and what a brave and amazing young woman! He is so cute, and it was so neat to see you!What a blessing Caleb is!

Anonymous said...

hi this is amanda im tanyas friend i placed my little girl abby to your friends matt and jen garrett tanya and i thought of how small of a world it is. i just new her throuhg her pregnancy and shes an awesome girl i just wanted to tell you guys that