Thursday, July 24, 2008

1 week

I have wanted to blog for a week now, ever since Caleb was born, but somehow I can never find the time.So I am practicing my multitasking skills and going to attempt to blog while feeding Caleb. We'll see how good I am at typing one handed.
This past week has been a blur of wonderful experiences that I will always treasure in my heart. The time that we had with Tanya and Caleb in the hospital was priceless. I was able to be in the delivery room when Caleb was born and Brian came in soon afterwards. It was such a special experience which continued that night when I spent the night with Tanya in her room. I was able to help take care of Caleb and I will always be grateful to Tanya for that experience. As Brian mentioned in a previous post, we are so blessed to have such a wonderful friend as Tanya.
We brought Caleb home Thursday and it has been an absolutely wonderful experience taking care of him. I LOVE BEING A MOM! Even at 2:00 am I absolutely love gazing into his precious little face. Our son sure is such a cutie!
Yesterday was his 1 week birthday. I took him to see the pediatrician and found out he now weighs 6 pounds 12 ounces (he's only 1 ounce away from his birthweight!) and is 19.5 inches long. He is a very healthy little boy. For his 1 week birthday he only woke up during the night once-happy birthday to me. (Don't worry-he made up for it last night by waking up every 2 hours to eat.)

Now what you all have been waiting for- more pictures!Caleb on his 1 week birthday.
I thought this outfit was very festive although it was quite big on him.
Such a handsome little guy!!
We took this picture today after giving him a bath (he has peed through 3 diapers today-I think it's time to invest in some different diapers) and when we took off his pee soaked outfit we found his little umbilical cord missing-yep it fell off today!

14 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

YAY! We're in love with him. He is so perfect and his 1 week birthday party outfit is adorable! Congratulations again you guys:)

Danielle said...

I can tell I'm a new mom... reading your blog is causing tears to come into my eyes.

Lorelei did something very similar. Her first night home, she slept through the night... and then spent the next month waking me up every two hours. We have been blessed for the last two months or so to have a baby sleeping through the night, and I hope that you'll get some of those same blessings so that you can enjoy adorable little Caleb more.

Good luck with one-handed typing... I'm not much good at it yet either.

Brandon and Natalie said...

He is adorable! It sounds like things are going great.

I have found that Huggies diapers worked best with my kids when they were newborns. I decided it was worth the extra money to get the nicer diapers then have a whole bunch of outfits ruined.

Jackie said...

My heart is just so HAPPY for you! We have the same hawaiian outfit and it fit Manix the same way when he was brand new.

Loots said...

ha ha I learned how to type one handed pretty well when Mikey was that age.

Yeah, try to Pampers Swaddlers (if you haven't already), those were our favorite for that age, but every baby bum is different.

Yay that you love being a mom! I love being a mom too!

We still need to see this guy in real life, but not for another week or so cause we don't want to give him the chicken pox!

Lanenga Family said...

How precious is he!!! Jenny, I love the Hawaiian outfit! We are SO happy for you guys and excited! Thanks for your friendship and congrats again on being parents!!!

Stephanie Peay said...

He is so darn cute. I am so excited for the both of you and so extremely excited for you to be a mom Jen. I am so happy for both of you. I couldn't help but shed a tear when I read your updates and saw your little guy. You have waited so long for this and you deserve every bit of it. You are going to be an amazing mom. Congrats again.

Jeana said...

he is darling. i had the same problem with deegan with the diaper thing. pampers worked best for us but they are freaking expensive! we justified it by saying that as mamy diapers as we were going through and outfits it equalled out and was worth it. enjoy every minute of your maternity leave, its really hard to go back.

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely beautiful! It makes me a little baby hungry to hear you talk about bonding with the little dude. Congratulations you guys!

Shannon said...

Oh Congratulations!!!!! We moved and I wasn't able to check back here for awhile and to my surprise little Caleb has arrvied! I am so happy for you. That little boy is ADORABLE!! And I just love that festive little green outfit on him. Oh congratulations again. I could not be more happy for you. That little boy is so blessed to have such wonderful parents as you two!

Autumn said...

Hi Brian, It was so good to see you and meet your wife at the reunion. Congrats on the birth of your son, he is adorable. I'm so glad all is going well for you! I can't remember if I gave you our blog address, here it is just in case. autumnweaverfamily.blogspot.com

Tawna said...

He is so cute! I'm excited for you to be able to experience all the fun (and not so fun things) about being a mom! Keep the pics coming, I'm excited to see your little guy grow!

Shane and Jessica said...

Congrats on your new little guy! I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog! I'm excited for both of you!

Jenny said...

Brian and Jenny, we're so happy for you two! He's a very adorable baby and we're glad you're enjoying parenthood! Welcome to the club!