Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Roller Coaster Ride

Sometimes I wish that my life wasn't so much like a roller coaster ride-especially during the down times! This last downward turn about jolted me out of the car, but I'm clinging on tight and hopefully things will start to turn upwards again-soon. I guess if life was always a smooth ride, it would get really boring and we probably wouldn't learn anything. Don't get me wrong, the uphill part of the ride is great, it's the going down part that I have a harder time with. The thing that has kept me clinging on tightly rather than just letting go and giving up is knowing that someone (my Heavenly Father) can see the bigger picture of my life and continually gives me strength and courage and blesses me with His love. For now I'm trusting in Him that my life long dream of becoming a mother will be realized-I just have to be patient in the meantime (that's the hard part!)
Anyway, thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement during this time.


The weekend wasn't all stress and heartbreak, though. We were able to visit with 4 of Brian's siblings and their families. Unfortunately, we only have pictures of one, though. Probably because we have a new nephew in the family and we want to show him off.Here is cute, "little" John and his daddy-Robert

Big sister Tori with Uncle Brian

5 comments:

Jill said...

You are such a strength to me. I don't even know if you remember me (Elsha and I used to VT you). I've been reading your blog for awhile and your strength during your tough times never ceases to amaze me.

Nicole & Andrew Maples said...

It will happen, no one deserves it more than the two of you. When I was doing my nursing clinical in L&D i was in Payson where they handle a lot of adoptions (50% of my patients were adopting), and I saw so much heartbreak that I often had to sit down and cry. So many parents that had travelled across the country to meet their baby just to leave empty handed. But I did see those parents who had been waiting forever come to the hospital and meet that new baby and take it home. I know that it can happen, and it will. I'm am just so sorry that you have to go through this. Our prayers are with you.

Jill Revell said...

You are such an amazing person and you and Brian will be great parents. Your testimony is such a strength to me. With Love, Jill Revell

Lindsey from The R House said...

keeping you in our thoughts and prayers ...and our fingers crossed.

Carrie said...

I found you on "The R House," and hope you don't mind if I leave you a quick note.
My heart goes out to you and I am impressed by your courage and faith as you ride the roller coaster ride of your life. Hang on tight. Move forward. Stay strong.
We too encountered a huge disappointment this week as we pursue our dream of adoption. The disappointment is almost devastating.
I'm so glad to know that I'm not in this alone!
Just remember, it's not a matter of "if" it will happen, it's a matter of "when." Your joy will be even more full when it finally does happen because of the hard times you've experienced in it all.
Hang in there and know that there are stranger like me cheering you on!
By the way, I saw your profile on the LDS website- you guys are cute and fun, and you've done a great job of portraying that. Well done and good luck!
-Carrie