Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Reminiscing

Yeah! I am done with school-for this semester at least. Yes, there was a bit of cramming at the end; but I am finished and ready for the Christmas break.

My Christmas break to do list:
1) Deep clean our apartment
2) Read a book just for fun (Does anyone have any suggestions?)
3) Go Christmas shopping (I'm not even close to being done. Actually, I haven't really started.)
4) Look for a house
5) Start writing papers for my Nursing Seminars class that I am taking next semester (I think this is probably a little optimistic.)

A little while ago I was emailing a friend about how fun it is to reminisce about the past with family. We shared experiences that we have had while camping in different national parks. Brian and I promised her that we would post a few pictures of us at Yellowstone National Park about 3 years ago.

The beautiful Grand Tetons

Matthew and Brian with a buffalo in the background

Some people we don't know, but they are getting pretty close to those elk.

Yes, this picture is a little blurry; but the lines are hail. We got caught in a hail storm in the middle of one of our hikes. This picture is of Brandon, Amy and Mat trying to find shelter during the storm. After the hail stopped, it continued to rain which turned the trail into a stream. We were all soaked by the time we got to the car. BUT it was so much fun and so memorable!

2 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

try reading "unsung lullaby" by josi kilpack. it's intense, but it is pretty good.

enjoy your break!

The Leithead Family said...

I know the break is over, but "The Black Rose" by Costain needs to be on your list. It's a great adventure -- set in the 1300's, I think. I read it to Travis to and from Utah one time.

If westerns interest you at all, then "30,000 On The Hoof" by Zane Grey is excellent. My dad has been telling me to read Zane Grey for many years and I finally picked a recommended one out of his vast collection. Can I just tell you how happy I am to be a woman in modern times?

"Count of Monte Cristo" is thick and slow to start, but boy does it take off once it gets going! It's just slow because there is a LOT of background to cover (it may be easier if you speak french, as that's where it's placed and so the names of things might stick a little easier...)

And if you didn't read them when you were little...All of Laura Ingalls Wilder's books about growing up on the frontier: The Little House series. Easy enough for children, captivating enough for adults. They're true! And a quick read.