Sunday, May 13, 2007

Brian Introduction

So I guess the best way to start is with an introduction. I started this page as a Mother's day present for Jenny. We're using this page to share information about us with friends and family so that people who are considering us a adoptive parents to their children can know more about us. I think that is a big decision and maybe there are other people like me that would want to spend the time to research everything out before hand.

I grew up as the youngest of 8 children and have felt loved by each of them and my parents. My brother's and sister's names in order of age are Marilyn, Christine, Kathy, Barbara, Holly, Bruce and Robert. Each is married and has children so when we get together there are 40 of us including my mom and dad. My dad was a professor of Mathematics for 40 years and has been retired for almost 2 years. My mom is a homemaker and always took a class at the university as her outlet from the kids. My mom and dad just finished an 18 month proselyting mission to England for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I also served a 2 year proselyting mission speaking German in Switzerland when I was 19 years old. It was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed (and still enjoy) learning German and talking with others about what they think about God.

I currently am a full time student and am studying to get a master's degree in electrical engineering. With that degree I have mainly studied about light, but have also studied micro fabrication principles. I am currently doing an internship with a company that does communication systems - like fiber optic cables and radio antennas for telephone, video and internet. Professionally I hope to get an MBA after obtaining some technical experience. With the MBA and technical experience I hope to contribute to developing telecommunications throughout the world.

That is some of where I've been and where I hope to go. I look forward to comments posted by family and friends. I hope that we will grow closer together with sharing this information.

No comments: